Monday, April 13, 2009

Weekend Picks......

It was a tight weekend.....

Thursday - My friend, Champa Shetty was felicitated and I felt happy that this girl achieved what she dreamt of. With the kind of challenges she had around 18 years back, it seemed that achieving whatever she thought would be impossible. But she made it possible. Of course, Prakash Shetty, her life partner stood with her through thick and thin of her life. It was highly impressive to see the documentary on her achievements and some of the clippings. Proud that I was associated with Champa & Prakash Shetty during their initial days of theatre.

Friday - it was one of the best performances from the team on stage. Even today, I still get excited at some of the dialogues, songs and the responses. People poured in at us after the show. I felt happy about the performance. Still there are lot of expectations

I was surprised to see the response for the 338th show of our play "Sattavara Neralu" at Rangashankara. Amazing that people still have lots of apetite for theatre and that too in Kannada. Rangashankara was full to the brim !!!

Saturday - Latha and Nagaraj, one of the most humble couple, myself and Bhargavi have ever met, invited us for a sumptous lunch at their home and in return, they "demanded" me singing Kora Kagaz, mere naina saawan bhadon !!! Their gesture was very touching and myself and Bhargavi did not have any words to explain their affection towards us. It's been a freindship for the last 18 years and again I got to know them through Champa. Very nice to see their daughter Tejaswini, who they call "chintu ". She is a high-energy & multi-talented, brilliant girl.

Again that day evening, we attended our architect Prathima's son's first year birthday. Again, Prathima and Prashanth, very affectionate people who remembered myself and Bhargavi not as their client, but as their friends.

Nice to experience these wonderful friendships

Sunday - Lot of studying for my exams. Able to finish the Ancient Inscriptions study in Kannada literature. Started on another topic on literary criticisms.

Monday blues still at full marathon in my mind....

Bhargavi and Deeksha are at Davangere for this entire week and my bachelor days are back for a week .. a total careless, freaky, mad and indesciplined life for a week. Still, will miss Bhargavi and Deeksha's presence...

4 comments:

  1. hi,

    Just out of curiosity did u act in the play? I attended the play the other day.

    Its really was a great performance ...

    http://di-a-logue.blogspot.com/2009/04/shadow-of-dead.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ravi.

    Yes. I was one of the singers and standing right next to the main singer with the hormonium box...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ramesh,
    Happy to know that you are part of the play! Ravi told me that it is amazing!

    All the best for your exams :) & hope ur making right use of ur bachelor days.

    cheers
    koshy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi,

    Oh i din't know that you sing for plays in Rangashankara too...

    I usually don't miss out good plays. All i need is a good company.. Is there a repeat of this play again? Happy Bachelor life ;-) but u know its temporary (after all) :-P

    Cheers,
    Sow

    ReplyDelete