Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dil Dhoondtha hai....

My search is on forever for something. What is this something? I am still trying to identify what it is. But it's true that I have been searching.....

Whenever I express something like this, people always tend to look at me as if "oye.... which planet are you from ??? "

What I realized is that searching is a never ending process. When we are children, we search for the adult in ourselves. when we are adults, we search for the edlers in our heart and when we are elders, we search the child in us.

It's quite strange that we search for something which may never exist in us.

I remember Gopalakrishna Adiga, one of the revolutionary poets of kannada literature, says ಇರುವುದೆಲ್ಲವ ಬಿಟ್ಟು ಇರದುದ ನೆನೆಗೆ ತುಡಿವುದೇ ಜೀವನ (Leaving out the existing ones, striving towards getting something which is not there, is life..) sorry this may not be the exact translation of the line, somethings always good in those languages)

So true. If we stop searching, we cease to exist. It's very important that we search something good which is there in others and not there in us so that we can work towards attaining that state of mind...

The musings never end.....

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ramesh ...

    One thing i find interesting that brings me to your postings is that we share few things in common amoung us :).

    The very subject of the search was very much in few for past few days and i just inked out my feeling on the same and now find a new view from your post.

    Yes until the very need within us is there, there will exist the search.

    http://ravichandranonline.blogspot.com/2009/04/what-is-that-i-want_13.html

    ReplyDelete