Wednesday, March 25, 2009

How you think?

By the way, in which language do you think?

One of my friend looked totally confused when I asked this question... She replied, it depends on the the situation I am in. Very interesting answer.... Did she reply to me after thinking in the language in which she spoke to me?

There are more chances of one thinking in their mother tounge (surprisingly, why do we call it "toungue"?) and the brain translates them in the form of words one want to express .... Strange na...??

When I talk, I think in Kannada first, even when I am talking to a person in English. The thought process gets converted into English when it is spoken. So, raw material is what you think. Finished product is what you speak. We add polish, varnish, paint and all other stuffs to the finished product so that it looks good for others.... In reality, it is not what we think is what we speak. Such hypocracy?

AMEN....

2 comments:

  1. Great Observations ! ... It's not possible for everyone to question each of their actions and reason out in this speedy world. Very few stand by and think over these matters. But when you realize there is so much fun & can learn a lot by observing these small thins in life.

    Nice writing .. gave my mind some work after being rusted for long time :)

    I think mind does not require language to think, infact we would be surprised if we come know that mind does not understand any languages :) All it understands in only Images. It can only visualize , only video no audio :P

    Even if some talks in any language or listens to any songs, only if the mind is capable of bringing out images out it only then we are able to think or else it goes unnoticed.

    In a way its such a bliss or else think what if mind can interprete each & every think it hears or sees. We would go mad ...

    I hope once people understand this beauty of language then there would not be any fights for languages :) .

    Wow so much i wrote today.. Great u made my mind work ... Wondering what language my mind is using now to write this ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ravi. Nice to see your thoughts on this.

    ReplyDelete