Thursday, March 26, 2009

Deeksha

The little cutie pie for me and Bhargavi.....

Very often Bhargavi complains that Deeksha is totally like me, unpredictable, eccentric.... I am happy for that.

Deeksha is 11 years now (or 12 years???. This dirty mathematics kills me in this). Passionately learning Kuchipudi for last 5 years (or 6 years??) with Vyjayanthi Kashi. Considered as one of the best students for Vyjayanthi, it's not the case in terms of academics. Even at school, Deeksha is known more for extra curriculum than studies. Any school event, for dance and music, Deeksha is always the first candidate. Of course, what's there in the bookish education? Just marks....

Deeksha wants to be an RJ (people must be thinking what the heck is this when everyone wants to become a doctor or an engineer?). She wants to be a dancer, she wants to be an artiste. Of course, there is an element of crime from my side that since she was 6 years, I kept on telling that being in these professions is fun and especially being a journalist / RJ / Artiste, you are paid for what you love, unlike us who are paid for what we are not passionate about. She is a keen listener for music and observes every aspect of a song like me (hurray.... finally my efforts are paying off.....). She is a chatter box like me (grrrrrrrrrr..........). She is getting stressed out with CBSE syllabus and is looking out for something simple so that she can focus on her dance, music and other visual arts. Still trying to find out a way for her.

Is it not a crime from the parents that they force their children to get into professions which they could not get in? Now, where does that lead me to?

No comments:

Post a Comment