Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Out of Sight or Out of Mind

People say that "out of sight is out of mind". I am bit confused on this. There are so many things which we are not able to see, but how come those things are occupying prime time slots in our minds?

Just because I was on vacation for 2 weeks, my office and job was out of sight. But it was never out of my mind !!! On and off, I used to think about office.

But yes, looks like I have a selective amensia. I seem to keep things out of mind per my convenience, even though it is not out of sight.

There are some people in my life, whom I always want to be in my mind even though they are no more in my sight. Of course, there are huge number of people whom I want them to be out of sight and also out of mind, but it never happens.

For example, 1988, I met noted film director / actor Aparna Sen (Shabana Azmi will kill me if I say actress !!!. She does not believe in actor & actress. It sounds more of miss and mistress and is very demeaning.... She asks is there something called doctor & doctress?? then why actor and actress ??? quite a thought provoking issue !!! ) and got totally fida over her eyes and could not resist mentioning that to her (from that time onwards, any woman with beautiful eyes catches my eyes fast !!! ) . See my blog .... http://rameshmg.blogspot.com/2009/04/i-for-eye.html

She just smilingly looked at me and said, I thought there was no one in Bangalore who told me this, but you told me and now Bangalore is also added to my list !!. That's the memory I have about her.... the oomph, the grace, the sensualness she has, can never go out of my mind. It's etched in my mind. Now she is out of my sight, but she is never out of my mind !!!

What do you say???

5 comments:

  1. The write up is very very convincing :) However,I apply it according to my convenience :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shabana Azmi & her eyes...oomph!!! Hmmm.... I see ;-)

    Ramesh, there was an interesting post on men & women that disappeared suddenly from ur blog....where's it gone??? :)

    Nice to see the articles pouring in :)

    love...
    koshy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Koshy,

    Thank you sir.....

    Hey.... in fact, I spoke about Aparna Sen and her eyes... of course, Shabana has very interesting eyes....

    Men and women, I deleted it, as I felt it was incomplete and did not convey any meaning at all !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I'm sorry I got confused between the two pairs of eyes ;)

    Maybe you can post a revised post on 'men & women', wat say??

    cheers...
    koshy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh.. Yes. I think I should.....

    I will do it...

    ReplyDelete