Monday, June 22, 2009

Back after a long hiatus

Somehow, I was able to zip through my exams and I am back into action.
I was not in touch with the world. Music system in my room was powered off for almost 20 days !!!! From 8th June, till 20th June, my laptop was kept inside the cupboard and locked. My only mode of communication to outside world was my dabba mobile......

The exams, I found to be too excruciating.... not because I am writing my exams after a span of 20 years.... I always felt exams to be too sense less and too life less. It does not care who you are and what you think about them. Their only aim is to grill you and make your life tough.... So, what do we learn from exams? For me it's time and again proof that me and exams don't go hand in hand.....

However, I hope I am out of this rut called exams and I also hope that I will never get a chance to sit for an exam once again in my life.... I hope to see that I get my masters degree certificate and be done with it... It's too much... it's too tiring..... Bindu, a friend of mine jokingly commented on a little goof up I created in the office on Friday and she said that "Ramesh, I know ur brains are overworked after ur exams….ask ur boss some more leave!".... seriously, it is true, but unfortunately, I do not have that option of going for some more leave !!!! If I do that, I will be asked to leave !!! :)

It was 5 papers in Kannada literature covering literature from 5th century till 19th century. Even though I went through my text books 4 times, every time I was reading them, I was feeling that how come I know so little???

One paper on the inscription literature (these are the literatures inscribed on stones, metals and other materials.... these are the source of finding out how were the old days, what were the wars fought, how was the society? who were treated how? what did the king give to whom? and lots of other stuff) was quite tough but it's quite interesting to see how was the life then in 5th century. Even in 5th cetury, all human characters were there in every human being. Love, hatred, greed, war, peace, literature, beautiful and gorgeous women, handsome men, nature, everything. There was also one more thing which was there during those days which is not available today. Peace of Mind !!!!

Anyway, bygones be bygones....

I am happy to put my thought into this blog again and connect with the people on different planes... I happy to be back into this space again !!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ramesh!!

    Welcome back with a big Bang!!

    All the very best for your masters!

    Cheers!
    Sowmya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ramesh, Welcome back :) 20 days without music?! You must be really overworked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sowmya and Archana for the warm welcome !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward for your posts. Nice to know that you have so much energy in you :)

    ReplyDelete