Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Age for Life & Attitude


For first year MA, there were 54 people who took the exam. I was surprised to see only 22 people from my previous batch and also some interesting new faces in the examination hall. One such face was noted Kannada film actor Shivaram. Imagine. Exam was only half an hour to go and we were talking about the trends in the film industry and he went into little bit of flashback. He is 72 years old and has been in the industry for last 52 years !!!. I know Shivaram through my theatre days. In 1987, when I stepped into theatre, it was this Shivaram, who used to watch us do the rehearsals in the rehearsal sheds of Ravindra Kalakshetra and sometimes used get involved in the discussions.

I still wonder that Shivaram at this age, decides to do an MA in Kannada and we fellows take this as one serious thing and keep cribbing that we are old and we do not have patience to study. Lot to learn from Shivaram.

I know there is an age factor for life. Is there something called age for the attitude towards life?

1 comment: