Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Nilu Phule - Marathi Stage / Cinema - No more

Quite sad...... Nilu Phule, one of the best stage / cinema artistes I had ever seen is gone...

http://in.news.yahoo.com/48/20090714/1251/ten-phule-no-more-end-of-an-era-in-marat.html

I was in Mumbai for a theatre festival and there was this play called "Sakharam Binder". Nilu Phule acted in this play and I became totally fida about his performance. After the play , I could not resist jumping on to the stage and shake hands with him....

I also remember watching Nilu Phule in a very small role in the film Naram Garam, which had Amol Palekar and Utpal Dutt in the lead.

A veteran in the world of theatre and cinema in Marathi, Phule saab's memory will be there ever with me....

1 comment:

  1. Ramesh,
    May Phule saab's soul rest in peace...

    I'm sure you must be feeling nostalgic...It feels nice to know that you interacted with so many greats.


    love...
    koshy.

    ReplyDelete