Friday, July 17, 2009

Deaths & Remembrances

Not sure what is happening !!!! This week is totally filled with remembrances and deaths....

First it was Raju's remembrance after seeing his video on youtube (kurigalu saar kurigalu).

Then, I had a lengthy discussion with a friend about Venki, one my closest friend and TV / cinema actor and stupid fellow left us few years back.....

Couple of days back, it was Nilu Phule, one of the best artistes in the world of indian theatre and marathi cinema

Now it Maina Chadru....... Yesterday this friend of mine with whom I worked in theatre beginning my first production Kaalagnaani Kanaka in 1987 till around 2000, passed away leaving all of us to suffer.

Apart from being a namma rangabhoomi geleya, he also was a producer who produced NS Shankar's Ulta Palta, remake of Hindi movie Angoor which was based on Shakespeare's comedy of errors. Apart from this he acted in serials and one of the most remembered serial is Sihikahi Chandru's Yadva Tadva. He played the role of "inspektar asok kumar, very strict aapeesar".... people recognized him so much with this role. Actually during one of the episode's shootings, I met him and we along with Chandru had lunch together and he spoke at length with me on all his ambitions. I kept on telling him time and again to bring "Puttakkana Medical College" play on the stage once again under his direction. Now who will bring this on stage??

My sincere request with heavy heart to all my friends who are reading this blog, please do not get into an addiction of alcohol. Also please tell your friends not to get into this habit...

Seriously We do not want to loose any more friends because of this reason.....

Alocohol killed Venki and Maina.

Maina was 43 and Venki was 40 when they succumbed to death..... Both were such talented artistes

What a sad way to end the week !!!! :(

3 comments:

  1. Hello Ramesh,

    PLEASE PLEASE update MAINA's a photograph in your blog unfortunately I didn't get Maina photo through Online; I googled but not yet.

    From yesterday I am not come out from his memories. He is a good friend for me. but unfortunately I am not seen him from 10 years and ago.

    Maina's one of the friend,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry ... Even I could not get one.... I need to check with my friends in case if they have one....

    By the way who is this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am one of the old friend of Maina. We both were worked together in few serials and one film.
    I am gurudatta.

    ReplyDelete