Thursday, May 7, 2009

Rabindranath Tagore - The Soul

It's quite difficult to write about him. Writing about Rabindranath Tagore is like the blind touching the elephant. However, I am one more blind who is trying to put across my thoughts.

Today is the Rabindranath Tagore's birthday.

He is a great soul, who gave a new branding to West Bengal and to the field of art, culture and philosphy of India. He gave us the national anthem (forget about the controversy created around it, saying that Tagore wrote it to please George IV !!! We do not know whether it is true or not).


Geethanjali - The noble award winning work from Tagore, is a collection of poems and is one of the greatest works of Tagore (It's a sad thing that our own country men's work is known only when recognized internationally !!!)


Rabindra Sangeeth - This is one form of music which I always liked. I have collections of Hemanth Kumar singing Rabindra Sangeeth. Very unique and very very bengal. The music gives you the feel of Bengal land. I have heard other singers singing Rabindra Sangeeth. Very interestingly, There is a tinge of Thumry style.


Shanthinikethan - This is one dream place for me. I always wanted Deeksha to study here. Not sure whether the dream will come true or not. Bhargavi has been protesting on my proposal of sending Deeksha to Shantiniketan. Need to wait and watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment