Saturday, July 10, 2010

Silence... Music... Memories...Sad

silence.. silence.. silence.. all the silence which I could not get during the weekdays seems to be flocking into my home on Saturdays.. !!!

The chirping of the Gubbachchis (sparrow) right at my room window, a small nest which is getting formed, sometimes soft music flowing into the heart and sometimes from my heart, through my voice which I, most of the times, not able to control. Above all these things, if it rains, wov... altogether a different world.

It was in this kind of environment, I was listening to Kishori Amonkar singing Ahir Bhairav and Todi... what a singer she is !!! It's alsmost months since I heard Kishori Amonkar and particularly these two ragas, which makes my heart heavy. No it does not make me light. It brings back a whole load of memories, failures, depressions which I have passed through, It brings back all those phases I sailed through during my college days, post-college days. For me, these ragas are directly connected to all these things.

I really wonder how come we are so connected to music. Some songs, straight away dump some incident which happened sometime in your life. I still remember. I was in my 6th standard. We were all in the class. We got to know that one our school mates who was staying very close to my house, died because of some illness. We all went to see his body. When I was seeing his body, somewhere far away, I could here "Ninna Savi nenape manadalli aaraadhane....." a song by S Janaki from the movie Anuraaga Bandhana. From that time onwards, till date, whenever I listen to this song, immediately the picture of that dead body, that home, his mother crying, the shoutings from his family members out of horrible thing which had happened to them, the smell of agarbattis, sugandharaaja flowers, all these comes in front of my eyes of the mind.. Not sure how much our minds can store in its memory. How many terrabytes !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment