Saturday, March 13, 2010

Aditi Upadhya - A Musician or A Magician !! ??

Listening again to Aditi Upadhya after a long time .... What a divine voice!!!

Be it Bhajans, Be it Khayals, Be it Tumris, even Ghazals, she always delivers her best....

I still remember our show Bhaav Yaatra at Chowdaiah Memorial Hall / Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Mumbai / NCPA, Mumbai. I was part of Sunaad which she started along with Tara Kini.

One of the situations was about Meera and her life. Shabnam Virmaani speaks about Meera, which had set the mood. Aditi started singing the meera Bhajan.

I felt chill running in my spine. What was I experiencing? I was not sure. But it was something very strange which I had not experienced till then. I had listened to meera bhajans umpteen number of times in different voices. But this was something mesmerizing and I was almost lost in those waves. Automatically, I could sense that I was failing to control my tears listening to Aditi. I had to force myself to be back into the real world as I was on stage and I had to join my voice with others in the program. Very strange that every Bhaav Yaatra show I was part of, it was similar kind of emotion I went through.

What is that these kind of musicians do to you? I think they just evoke those thoughts which you were never even aware that it was within you. Aditi is one such singer. Even today, I feel those emotions. I think that's the power of Indian music and artistes like Aditi, takes it to a different level.

One more interesting thing is that once you are finished listening to Aditi's songs, you feel so light !!! I think that's the power of music which flows through the voices of artistes like Aditi Upadhya.

Just for curiosity, here is the website about Aditi

http://www.aditiupadhya.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment